Furniture Removal Service
There are many reasons why you may need to have furniture removed. Perhaps you've inherited a home and want to be rid of the current furnishings. Maybe you are replacing well-worn furniture with a whole new look, or are moving and need to offload excess furnishings. Perhaps a pet has destroyed a piece of furniture, or you have to stage a home for sale and want to create a less cluttered look. Whatever your reasons, it's good to consider all your options.
Having A Contents Sale
In Toronto, there are several companies that can help you get rid of unwanted furniture. The first thing to consider is whether or not you might be able to sell your furnishings. If you have a number of items that might be sold for a reasonable price, some companies will help you to set up a home contents sale. A well-run contents sale can raise a surprising amount of revenue, which you can then use to offset the costs of a move or a renovation. Be sure to choose wisely when you opt for contents sales company – it's important to select one that offers:
- Moving Crew. If you are selling furniture, partner with a company that will bring a moving team onsite on the day of your sale. This makes it much more likely that larger items will be sold.
- Credit Cards. Ensure that your contents sale company takes credit cards. This makes it easy for a potential customer to buy more expensive items instantly, a convenience that's been proven to increase sales.
- Junk Removal. Make sure the contents sale company you partner with has a provision for junk removal and cleanup at the end of the sale. This ensures that the space will be left just the way you want it.
If you are certain that your furniture won't bring money at a contents sale, you may be tempted to remove it yourself. It's true that doing it yourself can save you some money, but there are some very real disadvantages to consider:
- Personal Injury. If you're inexperienced or unaccustomed to this sort of lifting, you can injure yourself. Injuries can take months to heal, or require treatments by a chiropractor or other medical professional -- and there have even been instances of heart attacks brought on by heavy lifting.
- Damage to Property. Another downside of do-it-yourself furniture removal is that you may accidentally damage walls or furniture, leading to costly repairs.
- Disposal. Particularly if you are in a metropolitan area, the places where furniture may be taken are likely to be difficult to access.
Hiring professionals to move furniture is a much safer option. While your first impulse may be to call a junk company, one good tip is to ask some contents sales companies about their junk removal rates. Better contents sales firms actually offer junk removal at a lower price than companies specializing in this service! (In Toronto, some contents sales companies offer rates that are approximately 25% lower than conventional junk removal enterprises.)
Be smart about furniture removal!
Do You Need Us
- Moving or downsizing?
- Had a death in the family and need to sell the contents of the home before listing it?
- Do you have a garage or basement that is filled with junk needing removal?
- Are you a real estate agent or acting as an executor to an estate?
- Are you looking for Canada's largest, most well established and comprehensive content and estate sale company?
Tue, 04 Oct 2016 21:49:07 +0000
By: Marcy Norman Whether it’s your first place or your forever... read more
Fri, 13 Nov 2015 22:17:45 +0000
There is a certain beauty in vintage furniture. Not only for how it... read more
Interview on CFRB 1010